Re: [tlug] Billing a company

> I did a small work for a company, and now I need to bill them.
> I don't have my own company or something. just your regular salaryman.
> What is the easiest way to do it? I'm willing to pay something so I won't
> have to handle taxes and such.

Send them an invoice. But first discuss with them if they will deduct
income tax (if so, show that deduction on the invoice you make).

If they do deduct then they'll pay you 90% of the billing amount; at the
end of the year you get a tax slip that you use to get a tax refund.
If they do not deduct then you get paid 100%, and it is up to you to
declare your tax, and do a tax return.

(I *think* there is some small earnings limit, where the tax office
don't care; but I don't know what the limit is. The tax office people
have always been helpful to me, but you will need some Japanese skill.)

If "small work" is really small, and the company hiring you is also
small, they may decide cash in hand is simpler than the paperwork.

Darren