Re: [tlug] Making programming easier... or something like that

On Fri, 19 Oct 2012 12:18:32 +0900
Jamie Learmonth <jamie-lists@example.com> wrote:

> > After our discussion about python and ease of programming not
> > so long ago, i was thinking about how to make programming
> > as a craft easier for Joe Average. And if possible at the same
> > time give Joe a better understanding of what he is actually doing
> >

> Can stop right here. It's the same with any subject, science, maths etc. If
> you
> have a talented student he will learn by himself and be good, or with the a
> great
> teacher/mentor he will become enormously good. Great teachers turn good
> students into great ones, but the programming world lacks a good number
> of great teachers. Most people only have the manual, blogs, Mr O'Reilly or
> the source code
> itself to go by meaning they only really have that talent to count on most
> of the time.

No, i wont stop right there. This is exactly the point i am asking about.
What makes kid A be better at math/physic/programming/flower arangment
than kid B? What makes the difference?

Under the assumption that all babies are born with more or less the
same abilities (which at least psychology says is true to a very large
extend), what in their (early?) lifes makes the difference that by the
time they enter school, they have very different abilities?

Or is just that assumption wrong and psycholgist couldn't measure
the ability of new born babies accuratly? If so, what causes this
difference in ability?

			Attila Kinali

--
There is no secret ingredient