Re: [tlug] GPL vs. paid version and ethics

> OpenOffice is just a wannabe.  Octave is not Matlab, R is not S, and
> Maxima is not Mathematica.  MySQL and PostgreSQL are wonderful, but
> they're not Oracle or DB2. ...

Stephen, it seems the "Open Office is Not Microsoft Office" equivalent
for R is "R is not SAS":

http://stats.stackexchange.com/questions/33780/r-vs-sas-why-is-sas-prefered-by-private-companies

Most of the answers and comments are by fans of R, like me, and fans of
open source, like me, so I didn't learn much. But this particular answer
was interesting as it suggests that, particularly unofficially, the FDA
prefers pharmaceutical companies to use SAS:
   http://stats.stackexchange.com/a/33786/5503
Counter argument here:
http://blog.revolutionanalytics.com/2012/06/fda-r-ok.html

Darren