Re: [tlug] ... Rant about Akihabara

On 06/15/2012 05:26 PM, Elvin Eldridge wrote:

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 9:39 AM, Darren Cook <darren@example.com
<mailto:darren@example.com>> wrote:

     >> My first time in Akihabara was in the late 90s.  I can't
     >> remember 'back then' very well, but I think there were fewer
     >> large electronic stores scattered across Tokyo.

    Yes, Akihabara was practically the only choice, especially if
    you wanted
    to buy parts. (Anyone else remember Tokyo PC User Group's Sigi's
    Akihabara tours? Or going round collecting flyers for an hour then
    squatting in a doorway out of the rain, trying to remember how
    to get
    back to the place where you were told the cheapest price.)

I simply answered "Bobby, bobby"!

?? Huh ?

Whatever that might mean, I think we are still observing the no-top-posting convention here.

Chuck

-------------------

A. Charles Muller

University of Tokyo
Graduate School of Humanities and Sociology, Faculty of Letters
Center for Evolving Humanities
7-3-1 Hongō, Bunkyō-ku
Tokyo 113-8654, Japan

Office: 03-5841-3735