Re: [tlug] But too much logs kills the logs: How to Grok Logs

On Mon, 11 Jun 2012 15:44:57 +0900
"Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen@example.com> wrote:

>  > PS. It is interesting to see some technical TLUG video on Youtube,
>  > Video (including presentations by Stephen). But no support available...
>  > So video is public, and *only* video...
>  > Public, or not public??
>
> No, it's not "public".  It's owned by the author(s).

There might be a language confusion here. At least in german
"öffentlich" (public) has no meaning in the "uhrheberrecht"
(authors right, simlar to but not the same as copyright).
Something like public domain does not exist in european law
(at least i have not heard of any european country that has
this notion). And in germany(and switzerland) even if you sell
the right to reproduce a certain work, you still retain the
right the work itself (which cannot be sold). Also, only a person
can hold the rights on a work, not a company or any other legal
entity. I guess that the french law is similar.

In europe a speach can be public, but you still retain the
rights on it. And thus can control who distributes notes
or other material of your speach (i.e. any distributor
has to explicitly ask for permission).
But there are concessions for public interest, especially if
the talk is of political nature and given infront of a large
audience.

			Attila Kinali
--
Why does it take years to find the answers to
the questions one should have asked long ago?