Re: [tlug] But too much logs kills the logs: How to Grok Logs

Josh Glover writes:

 > As far as I know, we explicitly obtain permission from each speaker to
 > film their presentation before the meeting. At least, we used to.

This last time I wasn't specifically asked for permission, but that
might be an oversight.

Note that there's a difference between *recording* the presentation
and *publishing* that presentation.  In the absence of specific
statement (which in the U.S. can be implicit or verbal, with the usual
hazards of the burden of proof being on the licensee), permission to
record does not in itself imply permission to publish.  In fact,
permission to record doesn't have anything to do with copyright,
AFAIK, because the recording is a *first copy*.

Not that I think anybody who speaks at TLUG would care to enforce the
difference, but technically speaking ....