Re: [tlug] But too much logs kills the logs: How to Grok Logs

Hi Bruno,

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 3:56 AM, Bruno Raoult <braoult@example.com> wrote:
> Good. Same as mine (I surely don't want to say mine is better).
> It seems tu use rsync/ssh, so I guess there is the same logging issue with
> directories? Or not? If not, as this is a script, the author found a way to
> avoid my initial problem (options, or some kind of "grep"). This would be
> good
> (if directories logging can be avoided)... I will really have a look.
> If you run it already, could you show us the output of:
>  touch FOO/A/A.SH (or any convenient name :)
> and backup 2-3 times?

Well, I'll let you play with this yourself after looking through the
program and documentation.  But in rsnapshot.conf, there are 5 verbose
levels and 5 log levels.  You set whatever level you want.

Quite frankly, I don't look at the details of the log.  Only the line
at the end when it says 'all successful' or not.  I'm not concerned if
a/b/c/d.sh got backed up or not; I'm interested if it all happened
correctly or not.

Ray

PS:  And yes, you can call me Ray.