Re: [tlug] But too much logs kills the logs: How to Grok Logs

On 06/07/2012 01:37 PM, Josh Glover wrote:
2012/6/6 Braoult<braoult@example.com>:

And I believe incremental backups would better give information on what is really changed [...]. This is what my grep is supposed to do (if I did not make a mistake :-)

If incremental backups are what you're after, rdiff-backup [1] has
worked quite well for me over the past 10 years or so.

Just a word of advice, without patching it doesn't handle sparse files so don't backup your collecting of 500G vm images.

Edward