Re: [tlug] But too much logs kills the logs: How to Grok Logs

Hi Jep,

On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 9:47 PM, <jep200404@example.com> wrote:
> I meant: You want the logs to be useful. For instance, I may have 10-20
> file changes every day.
> If the log shows 1,000 lines, I will never know about these 10 lines...

That's probably not a good use of your log files.
When things go bad, you should have enough data in your log
files to figure out what/how things went bad and to fix it.
So let your log files be big.

I wrote it before: I use grep now. However, new dirs disappeared too...
But it is not much an issue, as explained before.

Bruno.

--
2 + 2 = 5, for very large values of 2.