Re: [tlug] Making better use of SSDs?

Hello Satoshi,

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 3:19 PM, Satoshi Nagayasu
<satoshi.nagayasu@example.com> wrote:
> 2012/05/28 18:55, Kalin KOZHUHAROV wrote:
>> On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 6:15 PM,<satoshi.nagayasu@example.com>  wrote:
>>>
>>> A few days ago, I just published a technical report that examine
>>> SSD performance compared with HDD to execute DWH (or analytics)
>>> workloads on PostgreSQL. SSD was used for its data directory.
>>>
>> Will the report be available somewhere to read?
>

> Unfortunately, it's written in Japanese only (for now).
> It's considerable to translate into English though...
>
> If you can read Japanese, you can purchase the report
> from my web site.
>
> http://www.uptime.jp/ja/resources/techdocs/2012/05/pgsql_dbt3_hdd_ssd/

Well, since this is not directly related to work (=income), I'll skip on that.

No problem reading Japanese, I read through the sample.

If you take free advice - work on those graphs a bit (use gnuplot,
instead of Excel?) to make them easy to see,
 (when W is less than R, you have no idea how much) and read (axes
lables). No idea why x-axes start at 1 min and not t=0 as well.

Cheers,
Kalin.