Re: [tlug] HP Envy 15 first impressions

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 12:07:03PM -0700, Jonathan Byrne wrote:
> On 04/10/2012 03:39 PM, Scott Robbins wrote:

> > Well, I'll be idly curious.  As I recently bought the Zenbook, I realize
> > my wife isn't going to be pleased if I bought another expensive laptop.
> > :)
> >

> Still haven't figured out how to disable the touchpad when typing. The
> disable box is checked, but...

I wonder what type of touchpad it is.  There are issues with Sentelic
touchpads (which are becoming more common) but also some drivers being
written--there's also a little python script for it--the last time I
looked you had to run it with sudo and couldn't background it with &
but, my memory might be off on that--or perhaps you could background it
and I forgot to do it, just moving a terminal to a desktop out of my
way.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6