Re: [tlug] Am I the last to know?

On Friday, April 6, 2012, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 1:49 PM, Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:

> On Thursday, April 5, 2012, Attila Kinali wrote:
>>
>> The computer has to adapt to me, not me to it!
>

> Nicely put! That is the very reason that I can't use OS X for my development
> machine.

What specifically do you want that Jobs won't let you have
(conveniently -- you don't have to give an example that's "impossible"
to achieve)?

Keyboard commands to let me:

* minimise and maximise windows
* send a window from my left monitor to my right one
* send a window to virtual desktop 5 and follow it there

...and so on.

I have no complaints about the apps, per se, though I've not found Fink as convenient as apt or ports, but I cannot customise the desktop environment to support the manner of working I've developed over the past 10 years or so.

Cheers,
Josh

--
Cheers,