Re: [tlug] Am I the last to know?

On Mon, Apr 02, 2012 at 03:24:24PM +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/separate-usr-is-broken
>
> Sad....

Well, that's what happens when desktop users get to put things into
Linux.  I don't know about Ubuntu, but Mr. Poettering, who, aside from
systemd, brought us pulseaudio, is a RedHat employee and it seems that
every idea he has for the laptop user gets into RH.

Of course, there's the other fellow, Mr. Hughes, who decided that there
was no need for authorization to install signed packages.  When a bug
was filed, he asked What's the reason, justify this.  The reply was,
This is the way Unix has done things for 40 years, to which the answer
was, I don't care how Unix has done things for 40 years.

This made slashdot's front page, so they made him change it.

Linux is being aimed, I think, at the 20 something smartphone user.  The
earlier developers were sysadmins as well, there was less distinction
then.  These days, I think their biggest influence was Apple.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6