Re: [tlug] Gazing up and to the left: LXDE and Covering Border in Others

On Thu, 09 Feb 2012 18:05:51 +0900, Charles Muller <cmuller-lst@example.com> wrote:

> ... I'd like to figure out how to apply a
> permanent settings to start (to begin with) Firefox and Thunderbird
> in the middle of the screen on a permanent basis. Emacs is already
> no problem.

If I recall correctly, LXDE is condemned by many for putting
all new windows in the middle of the screen (on top of each
other).

A thoroughly disgusting workaround hack, is to cover the screen
with other windows, except for the middle of the screen.
I.e., leave the middle of the screen bare. Many window managers
will try to put new windows on a bare spot. Works in XFCE with
Firefox.