Re: [tlug] Kubuntu 11.10 日本語入力 How?

Hi Raymond, Lyle,

> <snip> There are one or two
> tools where I cannot type Japanese...but that might be the
> fault of the program (kate, kdevelop, etc. so far).

In Ubuntu-jp mailing list, there is a thread that reports
recent IBus package can't work with Qt-based application.
Does the mail helps you?

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-jp/2011-November/003924.html

In short, please try to modify your /etc/X11/xinit/xinput.d/ibus file:

- if [ -e /usr/lib/qt4/plugins/inputmethods/libqtim-ibus.so ]; then
+ if [ -e /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt4/plugins/inputmethods/libqtim-ibus.so
]; then

I hope it will work fine.

Regards,
--