Re: [tlug] Japanese input on Debian Testing

On 16 November 2011 08:28, Daniel A. Ramaley <daniel.ramaley@example.com> wrote:
[...]

> Any ideas? I'd just like to get back to how things were, when i had a
> system all in English, with my locale set to en_US.UTF-8, and where UIM-
> Anthy was usable to input Japanese into any application and where i
> didn't have any odd printing issues.
>
> At the time i set up Japanese input, UIM/Anthy seemed to be the most
> modern and "correct" way to do it, with SCIM slowly fading away. Now
> IBus seems to be the most accepted way to do it; would it be worth
> trying to rip out my Japanese input system and rebuild it around IBus?

I can only comment that my out-of-the-box Anthy/IBus that came with
Ubuntu seems to input Japanese into just about any application. The
only one I have noticed it fails with is kterm, which is hardly a problem
these days.

Jim
--
Jim Breen
Adjunct Snr Research Fellow, Clayton School of IT, Monash University