Re: [tlug] Holy smokes, Unity and Gnome 3 suck worse than I ever could have imagined.

2011年 10月 19日(水)11:23 am に Martin G さんは書きました:

> Not sure how serious you meant that as proof, but since I've seen
> toddler do things like try to grab the sky, and put iPads in their
> mouth, it doesn't really mean much. (Although there is an argument to
> be made that iPads have possibly failed by not being edible...)

Half-serious, for sure. But it does show (if not prove) two things:
touch/swipe/pinch interfaces are way more natural than
keyboard/mouse/trackpad ones; and people (i.e., kids now) whose first
contact with computing has been a touch screen device will see thing very
differently from you and me.

Granted, a keyboard/mouse is way more efficient for writing code or using
a 1000x1000 cell Excel grid, but that sort of usage is even now the
minority.

For the record, I do hate Gnome 3.