Re: [tlug] Holy smokes, Unity and Gnome 3 suck worse than I ever could have imagined.

On Oct 18, 2011, at 11:37 PM, Martin G wrote:

> My main point was really only that the drop down menu interface, ala
> Xerox, is *fine* for the pointer/2D screen model. I'm not saying it's
> great, I'm saying it matches the technology it was designed for.

Indeed.

> And
> all these interfaces that are supposed to be more "modern" are only
> that: modern. Not "better".

You are missing the point. As you say, they match the technology they were designed for.

Jean-Christophe Helary
fun: http://mac4translators.blogspot.com
work: http://www.doublet.jp (ja/en > fr)
tweets: http://twitter.com/brandelune