[tlug] Hard Drive Data Destruction (was Re: Possibility to recover a hard disk by swapping control board: USB Power Limits (Especially on Laptops))

http://lists.tlug.jp/ML/1107/threads.html#00054

> If you have a drill press, drilling some (10-15) holes through the
> platters is the fastest.

I do not want to be anywhere near when holes are drilled in glass
platters. Just scuff the platters on concrete (which is cheap
ready sandpaper).
If you smash the platters, put them in plastic bags _before_
smashing them, to contain the shards if the platters are glass.
The slivers from glass drive platters can be particularly sharp
and nasty.