Re: [tlug] Broken PDF printers and Closed fon spots

>> - Font-embedded PDF is the way to go. Goodbye with non-WYSIWYG PDF!
>> - Embedding non-free font is fine - for example, government issued PDF
>> got (non-free) fonts embedded everywhere nowadays.
>
> Yeah, well, until at least 2000 copyright infringement was rampant
> among Monbusho employees.
> [snip]
> Just because the government does it does not mean it's legal.

True. Just to clalify, his point was that based on today's common font
licensing, embedding font is fine in general. He (probably) mentioned
"government" part just to make people feel better.

# and probably with some irony, because everyone in the room laughed.
# Our government has some infamous records on technical decisions, so it was
# funny to say/hear "This is The Right Thing...because our government
does it!" :-).