Re: [tlug] Broken PDF printers and Closed fon spots

Le mercredi 7 septembre 2011, Raymond Wan a écrit :
> appropriate -- I guess that depends on the circumstances of your
> departure.  :-)  Maybe "sorry to hear that" to be safe...  ;-)

Well, It's not I didn't wanted to stay, but this time I just went for a
friend's marriage that worth adding 珍しい to my vocabulary.

> About this first question of your's, do you mean that PDF files
> generated within Linux were printed at 7-11 printers and you now look
> at the printouts and found the text wrong?

New document printed to postscript & converted to PDF using ps2pdf (because
they don't handle postcript). Nothing unusual.

> Sorry, but I haven't encountered the font problems exactly like
> your's, though...

Especially annoying because it can only be detected by close check.
( or if you only print binary :) )

I bet for an escape sequence triggered by the "0", but no more clue.

> I think if you have the original PDF documents, you can view its
> properties to see if all fonts are available.  If these were generated
> by LaTeX, then there is also a way to have the fonts embedded in the
> document.

And what do you suggest as safe fonts for those systems ?

Francois