Re: [tlug] Why am I not seeing Japanese in my web page on my Android? [NOT SOLVED]

Martin G writes:

 > Response Headers
 > Content-Type	application/json; charset=UTF-8
 >
 > Request Headers
 > Content-Type	application/x-www-form-urlencoded; charset=UTF-8

 > It seems to say utf-8 in all the right places... doesn't it?

No.  The right place isn't present at all in the headers above.  This
is a pure data transaction.  The response MUST be Unicode, even if the
rest of your document in Big5 or KOI8-U.  The request headers are sent
by the browser, and are independent of the display you're seeing.

The Content-Type that matters is that of the master document that
loaded the scripts that are running this transaction.

I suspect Jim B is correct that this is a font problem.  Try viewing
an ordinary page in Japanese.  If that works, then you should be able
to get Japanese on the phone in your webapp, too.

What stylesheets etc are you loading?  Do you specify any fonts by
name?  What fonts are configured on the phone's browser?