Re: [tlug] Why am I not seeing Japanese in my web page on my Android? [NOT SOLVED]

TLUG,

Damn, I spoke too soon.

After I adjusted the meta tags as described in my last post, I was
seeing kanji being displayed, and thought everything was hunky dory.

However, I continued using the interface a bit, and discovered that
after JSON data had been sent to and from the phone, the kanji got
mangled back to the ASCII string as described before.

Again, sending JSON back and forth on my desktop/laptop works fine, so
this is particular to the mobile.

So the problem is localized to the mobile device, as before. However,
I was wrong that it was merely a display issue, it's something
particular to how the mobile is encoding or handling the JSON data. Or
something like that.

How and why would the mobile handle the JSON data differently than the desktop?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

--
Dave M G