Re: [tlug] perl/curses/utf8

On 08/06/2011 05:06 AM, Shmuel Fomberg wrote:
I took a passing look at the Curses module, and it is seen to be not
unicode aware.
So maybe you should try to encode the string to UTF-16/32 before passing
it to printw?
(using the Encode module)

Shmuel.

Hi Shmuel.

I tried both the 'use utf8' and Encode. The code below is what I'm trying to execute. The first print/sleep is just so I can see that the string looks right.

I was hoping someone over there still used the Curses over there and had already been through this.

I just found a link indicating that by default the code is linked with a library that doesn't support wide characters and gives instructions on how to fix this. Let me see what happens with this.

Thanks very much for your reply.