Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Is show and hide good enough?
- Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 16:35:09 +0200
- From: Josh Glover <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Is show and hide good enough?
- References: <CA+kCxRbm0n8p1zHmMjjqtuOpUGoEVuZiV6yL5dbE353ZxLfgZA@example.com> <4E23FF2B.firstname.lastname@example.org>
2011/7/18 Godwin Stewart <email@example.com>: > The question you have > to ask yourself is, is it worth the effort? Is the data you're trying to > hide supposed to be secret at all? If it's being displayed on a web page > then any form of secrecy is sort of out the window anyway. In addition to Godwin's excellent advice, I'd also like to point out that there's nothing stopping a user from submitting whatever he wants to your URL, so if he's clever enough to play with CSS, he's probably also clever enough to figure out what your form params are named. Even the AJAX approach can easily be triggered by a user's Greasemonkey script. :) KISS would seem to apply here. Cheers, Josh
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Is show and hide good enough?: Graceful Degradation
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] Is show and hide good enough? [SOLVED]
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Is show and hide good enough?
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] Is show and hide good enough?: Graceful Degradation
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links