Re: [tlug] OT: Friend wants to work in Japan

On Wed, 22 Jun 2011 11:36:12 +0900
Raymond Wan <rwan.kyoto@example.com> wrote:

>  I'd like
> to know if my staff is going to go nuts in a foreign
> country.

Hehe.. that reminds me of my first two weeks in Japan, when i was
still struggling with all the paper work, moving in, etc and wasnt
working yet. Although i knew a bit of Japanese, i didnt understand
anything what was said, couldnt read remotely enough kanji to get
around and was astonished, that people didnt knew enough english
to tell me the way to the next train station. One thought that often
crossed my mind back than was, that i must be crazy to go to a
country where i know nobody, nobody understands me, and everything
is totally different from what i am used to (not even the trains
work the same way i was used to!).

But it was a good experience and i would recommend it to everyone
to once go to east asia for a few months (half a year at least),
to learn the way of a totally different culture. But be prepared
to go nuts in the first weeks :-)

			Attila Kinali

--
Why does it take years to find the answers to
the questions one should have asked long ago?