[tlug] OT: Friend wants to work in Japan

I have a friend who really wants to move to Japan. He's a middle-aged
man who has mostly worked in the IT industry, but doesn't have
particularly strong or marketable technical skills, I think. He's just
now working on a certification in network administration (here in the
US). His Nihongo skills are minimal, but he's working on it :-)

I promised him I would consult this list for any ideas or leads to
possible work (and visa sponsorship) for him.  I have already pointed
him to Mr. Trahan's web site :-)

Please respond to me off-list if you've got anything. Thanks.

Dave