Re: [tlug] Erratic Rsync Behavior

On 29/04/11 11:24, Charles Muller wrote:
On 04/29/2011 12:07 AM, Raymond Wan wrote:
Yes, I am dual-booting, and no doubt this is probably the thing I
should check into. I *have* been dual-booting for almost ten years
though, and have never had these problems before, which is why I am
befuddled by the sudden appearance of this problem. However, when I
go to my office next time, I'm going to carefully check the time
setting on both Debian and XP.

Ah! I, too, am also dual booting Debian/Windows (Vista, though). However, I use Windows as a last resort :-) and rarely transfer files between partitions.

Even so, I may end up with your problem some day, so it would be good to hear how you solve your problem.

BTW, I'm not that knowledgeable with Windows' file systems...any
reason why you are using FAT and not NTFS?

When I first began using Linux, there was little, if any NTFS
support, so I kept running my Windows systems on FAT for a long
time. For the machines that I've bought most recently, I'm leaving
them as NTFS. No problems.

Yes, I think it is a pain to switch from FAT to NTFS. I'm surprised you haven't been bitten yet by case-sensitive and unicode filenames. When I boot up in Debian, it keeps warning me about my FAT partition; but since I use it to copy the odd file between partitions, I generally ignore this warning.

Good luck with finding a solution!

Ray