Re: [tlug] Erratic Rsync Behavior

On 28/04/11 00:22, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> I don't see anything unusual in your rsync command.  If you are
> rsyncing internationally, I suppose Jim T could be right (it's a
> one-off, or rather an annual event, due to admin screwage around
> daylight saving time).  However AFAIK this shouldn't affect a
> correctly configured computer with a reliable system clock (DST and
> time zone itself affect display to humans, but internally, including
> filesystem timestamps, it's just a count of seconds), and of course it

FAT stores time with a granularity of 2 seconds... and so it is (or at
least was) necessary to use --modify-window=1 to accommodate that when
rsyncing to/from a Unix machine.  (Perhaps that is built into modern
rsyncs?)  I was only guessing that there was another 3600 seconds of
uncertainty a couple of times of year.

--
Jim Tittsler  7J1AJH/ZL2IA/AI8A  Te Anau, NZ        GPG: 0x01159DB6
Kanto Computer Calendar  http://www.OnJapan.net/calendar/