Re: [tlug] How much of radiations measured in Central Tokyo?

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 10:13 AM, Stephen J. Turnbull
<stephenjturnbull@example.com> wrote:

> So I remain pretty optimistic (except for people in the immediate
> neighborhood of the reactors who have already been and will continue
> to be exposed to abnormal levels of radiation) that the main
> consequences will be economic (including the severe effects on
> people's lives of power shortages as "economic", I don't just mean
> money to clean up).

Speaking of economic consequences, why is the yen so strong now? I
understand that the yen is usually the go to safe-haven currency but
Japan is anything but a safe haven right now.

Notwithstanding the earthquake and nuclear reactor problems all the
spending and debt Japan will need to go into in order to rebuild I
would think would make the yen weaker, not stronger.

Then again I never did understand global economics ...

Jc