Re: [tlug] How much of radiations measured in Central Tokyo?

Hi all,

I guess it is too late, but right now, there was a program on NHK
called 緊急報告 福島原発 about the Fukushima problem.  It aired from 20:00 but
since it is NHK :-), they will probably air it again.  The show was
bilingual.

Among the many things they said is that the level of radiation
yesterday morning:

Iwaki -- 23.72 micro-sievert
Utsunomiya -- 1.318 micro-sievert
Saitama -- 1.222 micro-sievert
Shinjuku -- 0.809 micro-sievert
Yokosuka -- 0.141 micro-sievert

traveling from the reactor to Yokosuka over an 8 hour period (4 am to
12 noon).  As a comparison [from the same show and not another
source],

CT scan -- 6900 micro-sievert
Tokyo --> New York flight -- 200 micro-sievert (I missed the part of
whether or not it was a return flight)
Chest X-ray -- 50 micro-sievert

The show ends with a link with the above information, including a
history of radioactivity in our area (or something like that):
http://www.nirs.go.jp .  No doubt once that link appeared, everyone
tried to access it...I'm having problems right now.  :-)  But
somewhere, information should be available.  They said that
Ibaraki-ken alone has something like 50 monitoring posts.

Anyway, those of you who are still anxious might want to take a look
at the site later.

Ray

PS:  I was scribbling the above numbers while watching the show.  Hope
I didn't get anything wrong.