Re: [tlug] How much of radiations measured in Central Tokyo?

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 10:22 PM, Michael Bitker <mbitker@example.com> wrote:
On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 10:12 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:

I'm not sure what cpm (counts per minute) means in terms of sieverts.
Probably very little, as what matters for sieverts is the amount of energy
delivered, not the number of events.

The wakwak geiger counter is calibrated to 100 cpm = 1 microSv.
At the 90 cpm spike we saw today you'd need a month of exposure to equal a single chest xray.
On international flights you'll typically experience 3 to 4 microSv.

-Mike

Let me edit that last one.
On international flights you'll typically experience 3 to 4 microSv/hour

-Mike