Re: [tlug] Thoughts and prayers from America

On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 05:25:03PM +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> NGOs?
>
> Sorry, I don't have any good suggestions.  At the moment, there are two Japans.
> The one I live in, which is experiencing mild to serious
> inconvenience, and the one
> you're seeing on TV, which only trained professionals are equipped to
> even get to,
> let alone do anything helpful.

For what it's worth, the Japan Society, in NYC has a donation page--my
wife feels that they are pretty reasonable as far as actually using
funds for the purpose they're given.

http://www.japansociety.org

As for what Stephen says, about two Japans, it was a bit like that here
in NYC with 9/11 (not comparing the two situations, but the two distinct
types).  Near the WTC was complete disaster--the rest of us in NYC were
somewhat inconvenienced.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6