Re: [tlug] Alternatives to sed + awk

2011年 3月 3日(木)4:05 pm に Josh Glover さんは書きました:
> 2011/3/3 Nikolay Elenkov <nick@example.com>:
>
>> Python's major advantages: readability and sane syntax; it handles
>> multiple encodings properly natively, regexes with Japanese just work.
>> It
>> works just as well for scripts, prototyping and real systems.
>
> Здрасти Ники, Честита Баба Марта!

Честита и на вас :)

> As of Perl 5.8 (which is now almost 5 years old), UTF-8 is used as the
> internal encoding, and thus regexes on most Japanese just work.
> Converting from other Japanese encodings to UTF-8 is quite
> straight-forward as well.

So I've heard. I take it back then, but I'd still not trust it :) (I guess
I've been scarred by having to use jperl. )

I do agree that if you are already comfortable with sed/awk, you'll feel
at home with Perl, but why not take a chance on something with less $$$ to
type.