Re: [tlug] [OT] Accomodation for 2 weeks in February

On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 11:58 AM, Sylvain Vedrenne
<sylvain.vedrenne@example.com> wrote:
> Hi TLUG,
>

> Could you maybe suggest an affordable room for a two weeks stay?
> Anything's fine (minshuku, ryokan, hotel), if it's not too far from
> Tokyo, preferably with a LAN connection.

Hi Sylvain,

here's my word of wisdom:
thou shalt carefully read the reviews, *all of them*. Spot them over
google maps and read what other people have to say. Aye!
There's a large variety of accomodations in Tokyo and of course
there's a large veriety of service levels. Given this, I won't mention
the names, there are two spots you should absolutely avoid: hostels
near minami senju / kita senju and hostels east of sumida river,
particularly in azumabashi and higashikomagata. There are two reasons
for this: minamisenju, azumabashi and higashikomagata surroundings are
the worst looking I've seen in Tokyo AND hostels there, due to being
somewhat far from main train stations are extremely cheap, thus
unfortunately attracting every kind of ultralowbuget people. Believe
me, you don't want to bring bedbugs back home just to save jpy 2,000 a
day.
In Tokyo you usually get what you pay for.

I narrowly avoided one of such traps myself, lost jpy 500 of advance
fee but I stayed safe somewhere else.

--
Inverse