Re: [tlug] GNOME sucks and nautilus is a PITA

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 9:15 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:
>  > If such a tool ever exists, it will not run under Linux because it does not
>  > follow the Unix philosophy.
>
> Too late!  GNOME already does (run under Linux, I mean).  (Or should I
> write, "runs roughshod over"?)
This is the way most the GUI is built. A new protocol is born and the very end
users demand that I want the developers add a single line into the combox box
so that they can use the new protocol.

The change request looks simple on the GUI side but not the "backend".
In this way, the GUI sooner or later becomes bloated.

> Too bad for "the Unix philosophy".  Too bad for all of us.

I mean, "the Unix philosophy for software design". It is bad for us as most
college and university are poisoning the student with GUI and
rapid-software-development tools.

--
Best Regards,
Nguyen Hung Vu [aka: NVH] ( in Vietnamese: Nguyễn Vũ Hưng )