Re: [tlug] Possible command to boost to laptop performance

Lyle,

You were right - having more memory made a huge difference.

I have 1 GB now where there used to be half that. And now not only is
switching between programs faster, as I thought it might be, but general
operation is faster overall, which surprised me.

The CPU spends less time managing data coming in and out of memory, and
completes all operations faster.

I feel like I have a new computer. Which is awesome, because I was on
the verge of getting a new laptop, but now I feel I've got at least
another year or two out of this one.

Maybe by the time I'm looking for a new laptop, screen sizes won't suck
as hard as they do now.

--
Dave M G