Re: [tlug] Backup sites with FTP access [SOLVED]

Darren, Stephen, Edward, Lewske,

Thank you for responding.

I think I need to approach this problem from a different angle. I looked
into SCP, rsync, SFTP, and other suggested protocols which were all
reasonable options. However I soon found that no one protocol can be
relied upon to work with most online "cloud" storage solutions. Most
have a single proprietary method for connection, or charge too much (by
which I mean greater than free), or other issues.

So it's not about protocols, it's about the availability of a destination.

I'm marking the thread "solved" because I need to go in a completely
different direction that renders the original thrust of the thread moot.

Thanks as ever for the good advice and helpful tips!

--
Dave M G