[tlug] Dinky silent Linux box

Hello list.

I am pondering hardware for a low power home server I'd like to build. I want always-on and silent, possibly uses include web/file serving, minecraft serving (yay!), home media centre, weather station, and such.

I was thinking of an OMAP Beagleboard (I work with ARM Linux so not too scary) but then heard about this little Atom based box:
http://fit-pc.co.uk/Fit_PC/Fit_PC_2.html
which is currently a top contender.

After I opened my mind to Atom possibilities though, I note that there are a variety out there that I should maybe consider and or are cheaper, Asus EE box, MSI Wind PC, or homebrew mini-ITX setups.

Anyway, I thought I would ramble to the list and see what ideas people might have.

For me, I'd like; a few USB, wired ethernet, wifi, ESATA port, 1+GB RAM, internal SATA (SSD), some kind of audio out, HDMI out and enough grunt to play 1080p H.264 would be good. But most important - no moving parts. No fans. Silent.

The Fit-PC2 wins on most things but ESATA and being maybe slightly pricey.

--
Jon