Re: [tlug] Network completely down (was: Network annoyingly not starting on boot)

Scott Robbins writes:

 > With RH and Fedora, which I'm forced to use, I've gotten around a lot of
 > their decisions for their imaginary "average user," (they seem to think
 > said average user is pretty stupid, actually).

The user they're targeting has *no* brain, that is, no brain available
for messing with systems.  The idea is to obsolete the very concept of
system administration.

I used to have this argument with Scott, er, uh, anyway the guy who
worked at Pacific High-Tech lo these many years ago.  He would say "I
gotta getta betta out by the end of the week, so I need to fix as many
bugs as possible -- I'm just gonna fix the bug, no time to put in ways
for experienced admins to use the interface."  (Paraphrased, but
that's what the semantics were.)