Re: [tlug] They've changed Apache again.

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 09:17:49PM +0900, Kalin KOZHUHAROV wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 19:34, Dave M G <dave@example.com> wrote:
> >

> We all hate config files being overwritten!
>
> One way to stop this insanity "the brutal way" is to use `chattr +i
> /etc/hosts`, assuming your /etc is in ext{2,3,4} filesystem.
>
> Actually Wikipedia seems to have pretty to the point article:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chattr

Coincidentally, there was a thread on Fedora forums today, with this
very issue.  Seems to definitely be NM as the culprit.
One solution listed was the same one given above.

However, the caveat was given that making these unwriteable *may* affect
other things (don't know what offhand, but it's always a possibility.)

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6