[tlug] They've changed Apache again.

 TLUG,

Since upgrading to Ubuntu 10.10, my /etc/hosts on my local testing
machine got wiped out.

I thought, "okay, fine, must have been over written". So I put back in
what I had before.

Then later, my local web sites weren't working again, and it looks like
my /etc/hosts got wiped out again. Maybe after a boot.

So it looks like when Apache starts up, it generates /etc/hosts, or
something, and I need to put my list of domains in some other file... or
something.

I figured I'd go to the Apache web site to see what's up, but either the
answer is buried in technobabble, or I'm not looking for the right terms.

Anyone want to give me a hint?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

--
Dave M G