Re: [tlug] Removing CUPS from ubuntu

On Sunday 26 September 2010 11:28:53 Darren Cook wrote:

> > (I can think of 4 of them on this list) who have switched to Ubuntu,
> > because as they age, it's less fun to configure a system, and they want
> > to just throw something on and have it work.
>
> Except for the Unix God bit, that describes me. Almost everything just
> works (dell notebook wireless card is proving stubborn though) and
> googling for solutions is usually successful.

I believe that Sabayon (http://www.sabayonlinux.org) would be a good choice in this situation. At least for me, almost always has been working out of the box, and because there is Gentoo underneath, tinkering and getting high quality help is still possible.
The only thing is that some of the Gentoo folks don't seem to like Sabayon very much, even though this apparently has become less of an issue. Sabayon has its own support forum, but that relies very much on a small number of people who really know.

Rainer