Re: [tlug] Removing CUPS from ubuntu

Thanks to all for the very instructive posts, as always.

I've decided to tempt fate and remove the unbuntu-desktop package so I
can do away with CUPS and a few other packages (e.g. Bluetooth) that I
will never use. My laptop is getting on in years (it just had it's
inverter go :) and I'd like to improve performance just a tad.

I figure when the next big Ubuntu release comes that needs
Ubuntu-desktop I will have graduated to a better laptop.

Jc