Re: [tlug] CentOS, Xen and VLANs

On 08/10/2010 10:03 AM, Jared Ravetch wrote:

Finally, I tried using the CentOS DVD ISO as the install media for the VM. The installer starts, but then complains it does not have the drivers to load the media. I googled and found this is a limitation of CentOS when creating VMs.

I think this can be fixed by using the following commands to create your virtual server I know this ignores your need for kickstart but you probably want to clear all install problems up first. There are more commands you can add on for your kickstart files and iso locations ect.

virt-install  --hvm --name centos5.5 --file /dev/XEN-ISCSI/centos5.5_01 --file-size 50 --ram 2048 --vcpus=2  --os-type=linux --cdrom /home/virt/ISO/centos5.5_DVD.iso --vnc

Has anyone had experience getting the installer over VLANs to work with a network install? Is there another way around this issue?
I believe that the very base of your problem is a wrong gateway or routing for your second interface. Can you you show me your routing table?

E./

(I am in Inaka w/o much internet conectivity so I may not get right back to you.)