Re: [tlug] linux notebooks, virtualization, windows

> [2]: Their low-end models are also OS-optional:
> http://www.dospara.co.jp/5goods_pc/pc_bto.php?h=d&f=d&m=pc&mc=1413&sn=42&vn=1&lf=0

Not just the low-end
http://www.dospara.co.jp/5goods_pc/pc_bto.php?h=d&f=d&m=pc&mc=1403&sn=42&vn=1&lf=0

Or is that low-end for you?

If processing power is a concern the i7's are nice.  Turbo mode for a
single cpu (for non-threaded programs) plus hyperthreading to give 8
cores.

I'm not exactly sure about a quad core i7 for a note book.

The i7 dual cores are great though power/performance wise.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/mobile-core-i5-arrandale,2522-2.html

"Now that Arrandale is upon us, we see the wait was worthwhile. The
two-chip platform architecture, heavy integration, and shift to 32nm
manufacturing means it’s now possible to get significantly better
performance from a dual-core, four-thread CPU at lower overall power
use than a comparably-equipped dual-core notebook based on Core 2."