Re: [tlug] My first JSON object

On 26/06/2010 01:59, Dave M G wrote:
> However, speaking to me as if I were a child and not a very bright one
> at that, what is it that JQuery and Godwin's code does that a naked
> XMLHttpRequest() doesn't do?

C code does the same as assembler but I know which I'd rather maintain.

jQuery is rapidly becoming a de facto standard for Doing Things With Web Pages
in Javascript, so people know and understand its nuances and idioms, and
you're more likely to find someone who can pick it your code, understand it
and work with it afterwards. It also abstract away all the
not-quite-standards-compliant browser behaviour for you. Just like programming
in a higher-level language, it gets rid of pretty much everything that isn't
your business logic.

--
Congratulations, Simon - I think I've finally discovered someone with a
mind that is more warped than mine.