Re: [tlug] My first JSON object

On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 20:57:15 +0900, Dave M G <dave@example.com> wrote:

> Turns out what I was looking for was the function XMLHttpRequest(). With
> that function, I can listen for a response from the server without
> having to create a new page request.

That's just AJAX. Most browsers have an XMLHttpRequest object that can be
used for this and I have written a "library" that uses this feature. Check
out, for example, http://www.thewinegang.com/ajax.js

--
G. Stewart - gstewart@example.com

Exposing M$ sExchange directly to the Internet is a lot like painting a
bulls-eye on your backside and bending over, naked, in a Greenwich Village
steam room (except M$ is not nearly as safe).
        -- Morely 'spam is theft' Dotes in NANAE, 08-JUL-2003.