Re: [tlug] Android Bazaar and Conference 2010 Spring

>> Yes.  Availability of the Desire in Japan is just terrible.  There's way
>> more demand than supply.
>
> If you don't care much about Sense UI, get a NexusOne while they are
> still selling it online. It's practically the same phone and works with
> most Japanese carriers. That is unless you have already ordered a
> Desire, of course.

But, if I've understood correctly, by buying it through Softbank I
basically get the phone for free; it will be paid in monthly
installments (over 2 years) out of the discount you get from a certain
level of packet charges (*). Or something like that. (It only costs real
money if you cancel within 2 years.)
And if I bought a phone separately and just used it, my discount would
go to waste; it doesn't convert into cash.

If I've got that wrong I'd love a nice clear explanation. They always
explain it to me in the Softbank shop and draw a nice "0 yen" at the
bottom, but I always worry I'm missing something.

Darren

*: and if/when I eventually get the HTC Desire I'll switch to a
tsukai-hodai scheme, so will have loads of discount...

http://dcook.org/gobet/  (Shodan Go Bet - who will win?)