Re: [tlug] google ditching windows and going for open source software

"Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen@example.com> writes:
> My unit is considering prohibiting sending .doc outside of the unit
> because Word has a habit of recording previous revisions internally.
> We've had some mild embarassments when somebody found something they
> shouldn't have seen in a Word file (typically an earlier version of a
> document used as a template, intended for a different recipient), it
> seems.

Surely they've fixed that by now? Or not. I know you used to be able to
find out all sorts of interesting things by opening Word files from
clients and vendors (estimates, contracts) in a plain text editor. IIRC
there was a way of saving the files without revisions, but most users
apparently didn't know about it.

Dave